How to reduce taxable income

We are in the middle of one biggest issue which is in front of us and this issue cannot be ignored or denied. Every individual is thinking to reduce their taxable income. So we took a genuine and smart step to provide you maximum information about the ways to reduce taxable income.

After investing the costliest and worthy time in searching the solution for it, we came across some very productive ways to save your money. The research convinces us by advising us to boost our retirement savings. By maximizing your retirement saving, you can save the maximum income for your retirement. Investment in some good ira scheme is the major part that plays in reducing taxable income. Let us acquaint us with some statistical example which is presented by investopedia. It suggests that if your company offers an employer-sponsored plan, such as a 401(k) or 403(b), make pretax contributions throughout the year up to a maximum of $18,000 (for the 2015 tax year). If you are over the age of 50, make catch-up contributions of $6,000 above that limit as well for an additional opportunity to save money while reducing your taxes. Because your contributions are made on a pretax basis through paycheck deferrals, the money saved in your employer-sponsored retirement account is a simple and direct way to lower your tax bill. One of the best ways one can go through it for your retirement savings. No doubt this the best way to reduce your taxable income as all the plans of ira are based on maximum savings.

One very unique plan for the self-employed person is to invest in 401kand a simplified employee pension (SEP) IRA. Both options provide an opportunity to lower your taxable income through pretax contributions and allow for higher limits on contributions each year. Moreover, they also suggest the Flexible spending plan (FSA). A flexible spending plan (FSA) provides a way to reduce taxable income by setting aside a portion of your earnings in a separate account managed by your employer. An FSA has a contribution limit of $2,550 for the 2015 tax year, and the total balance must be used each year contributions are made.

Some of the latest tips we found out on United States paper for money saving and reducing taxable income for millennialof all ages are as follows:

  1. Check with your employer.
  2. Max out an individual retirement account.
  3. Take advantage of relevant tax credits.
  4. Pay interest on your student loans.
  5. Get insured.

These five moves can lower taxable income and help keep more money in millennial bank accounts and wallets.

Finally, we would suggest some more things to manage your taxable income and reduce it a maximum level.

  • Insurance premiums: Some insurance premiums, such as those for income protection insurance, are generally tax deductible as an expense incurred in earning your income.
  • Prepay margin loan interest:  If you have a margin loan, you can prepay up to 12 months’ interest in advance (subject to the relevant prepayment rules). You may be able to claim a tax deduction for the prepayment in this financial year, further reducing your taxable income.
  • Tax deductions for investment purposes: Expenses you incur while earning assessable investment income may be tax deductible.These expenses can include fees for financial advice, account keeping, management fees, interest payments on margin loans and investment property expenses. Claiming a tax deduction for these expenses could reduce your assessable income for the financial year.
  • Review ownership structure of investments: Transferring the ownership of your investments to your self- managed super fund (conditions apply) or to your spouse, could reduce the tax you pay on future investment income and capital gains. However, these transfers have capital gains tax implications so you should seek qualified tax and legal advice before proceeding.
  • Take advantage of tax offsets: An offset also known as a rebate can reduce the amount of tax you are liable to pay. Examples include franking credits (add link) and the low income tax offset.
  • Managing capital gains: It’s important to assess if you have made any capital gains or losses from your investments. The most common way you make a capital gain (or capital loss) is by selling assets such as real estate, shares or managed fund investments.
  • Managed funds also distribute capital gains which you must report. Timing the sale of an investment will determine which year the capital gain or loss is assessed. So triggering a gain/loss before or after 30 June may make a difference to your overall tax bill. This is why it is it’s important to consult with your tax adviser before continuing.

Thus, these are some well researched ways to enjoy your retirement and have a happy and saved future. Hope you will consider it and start working on it from today. Time never stops and opportunity never waits.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *